Monday, September 7, 2009 at 8:57 AM |  
Oh my gosh guess what I saw at Wal-Mart! I saw an ad for The Beatles Rock Band!! Holy cow holy cow santa vaca! Anyway, I'm so excited about Lauren's baptism! I'm so sad that I can't be there but I was thinking about her. I can't get on facebook though to see pictures. I saw the ones on the email though that's awesome! That's weird that she has been scared of our house but I'm sure the Holy Ghost is now helping her with comfort.
I'll bet a lot of people are out of town for the weekend so I'm sure that the ward will get better. This branch that I'm in right now has nobody. Men have to bless the sacrament every week (one is English one in Spanish) and I think there are two young men who pass the sacrament and then maybe two more young men. Our branch is so small that they only built part of a building for us. It's kinda funny looking but it's still nice and it works. As far as a calling goes I'm confident that if the Lord needs you in with the young women he will put you in there but if he doesn't then he doesn't and everything will work out for what is best for you.
Ok what the heck is wrong with that girl? She doorbell ditched him to say maybe next time? That's stupid if you don't go with someone you don't tell them like that you just tell them face to face! Did she say why she won't go with him this time? Ugh girls are dumb and so is this stupid Utah-ask-them-to-the-dance crap. She shouldn't have done it like that. But it's ok there are plenty of fish in the sea. I'm sure Austin has a list of girls that he could take. It's just a process of elimination until he finds a good one.
That's funny that you asked about tracting this week. I'm actually having a really hard time with tracting this week. We walk around for hours and hours going to thousands of houses and we will actually get to talk to maybe five people and of those five maybe one of them takes our message seriously. The rest just aren't home, don't answer, or tell us to buzz off. "Sera bautizada en la iglesia de jesucristo?" "No, soy Catolico!" People are scared and religion is a very touchy subject and I shouldn't complain but it's hard. It's hard to walk around all day in the humidity and the sun and feel like you're getting nowhere. But that's part of being a missionary I guess. I am getting better at Spanish though. Elder Black even trusts me enough to talk to people by myself now. I finished reading the whole book of Mormon in Spanish on Saturday so I'm learning a lot very quickly. I may even translate in Sacrament next fast-Sunday we'll see that just seems too scary.
Miss you tons! I'm so glad things are going good with school and everything!
Te quiero mucho!
Love,
Elder Johnson
Posted by Called to Serve Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum.