Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 2:18 AM |  
Oh my gosh homecoming at the Lake why didn't I ever think of that? That would be so much fun! I'm glad he had a good time, but I'm also super jealous that's he's going for backflips! What the heck? That's insane! How was his date? cute? nice? did he kiss her? Haha I need to know this stuff since I can't do it. I need to live vicariously through him (I think that's the right word).
So we had interviews with President Newman on Tuesday. That helped me out so much. I had come to the conclusion that I wasn't having much success because I needed to be more obedient to the mission rules. I told him that and he asked, "Are you a disobedient missionary Elder?" I said, "I don't think so." and he said, "but you must be right since you aren't having success, you must be being disobedient, you must be being selfish, right?" I told him that's basically what I had come to. He then told me not to worry about it. He told me that all the good missionaries go through a time like this where it seems like not a whole lot of success is coming. Yes, I'm going through a lot of mental and physical challenges right now but it's not because I'm being disobedient it's because this is the time where the Lord is pushing me and molding me into what he needs me to become for the rest of my mission. He also told me not to beat up on myself too much. He said, "Wherever it is you're going, you will get exactly where you need to be exactly when you need to get there. The only thing that will slow you down is if you try to walk on that road while beating yourself up. I will tell you if you I see anything you need to be beating yourself up about but other than that, don't worry about it." So I'm trying really hard to be easier on myself and just kinda roll with the punches and let God turn me into what he wants me to be for now.
Oh speaking of which. I translated for some of Sacrament meeting on Sunday! I just did the announcements up until after the sacrament prayers but it was good, I didn't say 100% of what was being said but I got the jist of it. It was pretty fun but really scary. My Spanish is coming along though. A few weeks ago I couldn't have even thought about trying to translate, so it's going good.
So that's what's been going on this week. I'm working on patience and longsuffering and it's going pretty good. I'm trying to just enjoy myself like you keep telling me to do, and I think that in a few more months I'll be able to enjoy every second of my mission so much more!
I love you all I miss you!
Elder Johnson
Posted by Called to Serve Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum.