Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 6:51 AM |  
I heard from Grandma Gus that you all went to Lake Powell... again... without me... your oldest child. Just kidding, I'm glad you had fun I am super super jealous though. So is Elder Black, I still can't believe that he lives there I am so jealous that would be so much fun. I'm glad that Ryan and Jill and everyone was there too. Yes I remember Diane! She's so cool! I didn't know she lived out here that would be so cool if I found her in my area one day we could totally convert her ;) That's so funny, yeah there are A LOT of rednecks out here. It makes me laugh. We either get Mexicans, black people, or rednecks here in Crescent City.
That's great that Austin got a date to homecoming I knew he would. Dad told me to write an email to him because he had written me. I thought I did last week did he not get it? I just hit the reply button so he should have got it. I don't have his address because i just hit reply to everyone so if he didn't get it tell him to write me again. The German kids sound pretty cool. I love that about Lake Powell, you can make friends with just about everyone there. It also reminds me of me here trying to learn Spanish. All the kids speak English so they help me when they can but a lot of the parents speak very little English and I speak very little Spanish so it's hard. So I'm glad that you all could communicate and get along well. Fabien may look like me but I'll bet I'm way sexier.
I wasn't going to say this in this letter but, tracting is not really getting better for me. I'm actually having a really hard time right now. I feel like I'm never being led by the Spirit as to where to go or what to say because we never have any successful lessons, even with our investigators. They all are either not home, too busy, or just don't want to listen to us. So we say, "well we know that if you read out of the Book of Mormon every day you're life will be blessed." and that's all great and fine but it's not very convincing when that's all we have time to say to them. We know it's true but they don't, and we can't ever teach them about it because they never have time to talk about it so it just never gets done. Then we don't feel the Spirit, they don't feel it, and it just feels like a waste of a lot of time. This whole week has just been filled with days like that, one investigator or street tracted at a time. I'm trying to better recognize the Spirit so I can know where to go to find people who are prepared to hear and what to say to people when I find them better, and I've read that section in Preach my gospel about how to recognize and listen to promptings of the spirit probably 100 times and I still am not seeing anything different. I don't know what else to do. I have an interview with President Newman on Tuesday so I'm going to talk to him about it and hopefully he'll be able help me. I don't want to make you worried or anything with this, I'll figure it out eventually, but I write to tell you how I'm doing and right now I'm really struggling. So please pray for me.
Posted by Called to Serve Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum.