Monday, August 24, 2009 at 6:20 PM |  
Oh my gosh this Sunday was so sweet! We had four baptisms! I took some pictures that I will try to send really soon. Hermano Noriega decided not to get baptized yet which made us really sad but his wife and his two kids all got baptized so I know that their example will push him to do the right thing. They are such an amazing family and I'm so happy for them. I'm sure that Hermano Noriega will want to be baptized this week or maybe the next at the latest. But they had us all come over for dinner, (Elder Black, me, Elder Gaisford the district leader and Elder Smith) and they made rice and beans and tortillas and the best pico de gallo I've ever had! It was really really good, I love serving with Mexican people, especially when they feed us haha. They are all so awesome. The other person who was baptized was a black girl named Latisha. We found her on Tuesday when we were teaching an investigator and Latisha just happened to be over at her house. She said that the missionaries had taught her before but every time she moved they would lose track of her but then new missionaries would find her. She has lost her fiance and her son so we taught her about eternal families in the temple and how you can only go to the temple if you are baptized so she was all over that. We met her Tuesday and she got baptized Sunday!
Haha ok horchata is not spicy. It's like a cinnamon rice milk drink they have. The next time you go to Costa Vida they have an horchata machine by the fountain drinks so just get a soda cup and get horchata it's really good. And I'm sure that there are people from all over up here but I think most of them are Mexican. I know Hermana Noriega is from Mexico City for sure and a lot of our ward is from Mexico.
You'll have to tell me all about Lauren's baptism and take pictures! Tell her I said that I know she is making a very good choice and that Heavenly Father loves her and that I love her! Tell everyone good luck with school starting, especially you. It will be awesome, you are living out your dream! Have so much fun!
Love,
Elder Johnson
Posted by Called to Serve Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum.