Monday, August 3, 2009 at 3:55 PM |  
Hey everyone!

Yeah Spanish speaking! It's so crazy! I feel bad for my companion because he ends up doing most of the work because I still can't talk to people very well. Oh by the way yes my companion is Navajo so yes he is a werewolf you Twilight weirdos haha jk. But he's teaching me a lot of Spanish and I've got a couple of books but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to have more. My mission pres told me that if I can read the whole libro de mormon in one transfer that I would have it so I'm working really hard to do that too. Elder Black is awesome and we get along great. He's been out here almost a year so yeah he's an awesome missionary. I don't know if that lady is going to get baptized that I talked to. Her name is Angela and she's white and speaks English. She seemed really interested when we talked to her and she said she would be baptized but we went back over there a few times and she's still smoking her gross cigarettes even though she said she would stop and just kinda blowing us off. I don't know we'll see what happens. We did have another baptism though this Sunday. A gringa named Donna. Elder Black found her before I got here but I helped teach her the second and third lessons in preach my Gospel and she got baptized! It was so cool! She's such a great lady. We also found this way cool family, the Noriegas who seem very interested in the church. They speak Spanish and English. Anyway they came to church on Sunday and stayed and watched Donna's baptism. We haven't talked to them about it yet to see what they thought but I'll keep you posted.
Ok one thing I want to put on this blog you made is kinda cool but very nerdy at the same time. The mission president made us part our hair the first day we got out here so yeah my hair is parted. So one day I was getting dressed, I had on my black pants, long sleeved white shirt, no tie so the top was unbuttoned, and I had my glasses on. I looked EXACTLY like Peter Parker in Spiderman 2 when he decides he doesn't want to be spiderman anymore and he's walking down the street and that song is playing, "Rain Drops Keep Fallin on my Head" so yeah watch that and you'll know exactly what I look like. Things are going great! I can't wait to keep learning Spanish and keep teaching the Mexicans here. They are way cool and very humble. Except for the Pentecostals. They are impossibly stubborn and they just fight with us. But other than that everyone is pretty cool. I love it here I'm having a great time and I hope you all are too!

Love,
Elder Johnson

P.S. Keep writing me even if i don't write back sometimes I just don't have enough time on Pdays to write everyone so the blog is a great idea. Thanks mom :)
Posted by Called to Serve Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum.