Saturday, March 27, 2010 at 8:47 AM |  
Yes I did get the package Thank you so much for the pictures and stuff. I can't believe I left without any. And thank you for the letters too! And for my debit card. I finally had to break down and get a GPS by the way. I found a really good one at Target that was on sale normally like 179.99 and I got it for 99! We found them the last day of the sale so it was really lucky.
I have no idea why we had to change our email thing. I guess it's updating and we needed new ones. I don't know.
We had our president interviews this week and when I got to mine, President Newman said, "I feel like I'm meeting you for the first time! I'm President Newman by the way." I've finally arrived. I don't know if Dad had a similar experience like the first couple of months are really hard and then you finally "arrive" and it's like a night and day difference. I don't have to wonder about what I'm doing now or wait for my companion to show me what to do I just do it. I've even thrown down on a couple of people. Sometimes we have to tell them what they don't want to hear, but if they are ready and really want to change, they know that what we say is right and they will repent. Oh and the other day somebody asked Carty and I if we have been speaking Spanish since birth! That was such a good day, I felt pretty good after that. There's still a couple of words every now and then that i don't know and I have to take a second to think of some things before I say them but it's going really well.
Mrs. Caballero doesn't know what she's talking about Puerto Ricans say their r's a lot more than their s's. I like them though, their usually loud and fun, well most Hispanics are but I think they're a little louder. I don't know if she still remembers me but that would be pretty cool.
I don't really know a whole lot more about my companion. He's really cool though. He loves movies almost as much as I do, he loves skiing and mountain climbing too. He's a lot like me in a lot of ways. He even had one girlfriend in college for a really long time that broke his heart so yeah we've got that in common. But he's pretty cool. Still really quiet, but he's cool. The other guys are sweet too they're English so sometimes me and Carty just talk in Spanish and freak them out it's a lot of fun!
The branch is really cool. Especially for Spanish missionaries. We only teach and find and bring Spanish people to church so we're really happy when we have a lot of brown faces amidst all the white people, but in the branch everyone is brown! It's really cool for the members too. The only problem we have in a branch is getting people to church. I have no idea why but Hispanics are always late! Always!! Plus there are very few people that have a car so getting rides is a joke. Everyone needs a ride! Even members who have been going for years! It's really stupid.
Tracting is hard. We are in the South part of our branch area and the south area is a little bit nicer than the north. We have zero trailer parks and the neighborhoods are all white people so we have to go into a few apt complexes so it's really hard to find people.
We are teaching a few people right now. None of them are really progressing very well though. One couple needs to get married but every time we bring it up they start acting like little shy kids and just look at each other, whisper something, then giggle or something stupid. The last time we were with them I got really serious with them and made them act more mature. I asked them what are you willing to do to follow Jesus Christ. You can either get married right now, move out until you're ready to get married or keep living in sin! They're supposed to think about it and then let us know what they're going to do before we come back.
But I'm out of time sorry I have to go. I love you all very much! I'll keep praying for you! Do the same for me!
Elder Johnson
Posted by Called to Serve Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum.