Friday, April 23, 2010 at 8:31 PM |  
Well things are going a little bit better. I make Carty work. And we do, we go out and we work very hard all day. He's still a little slow to get out of the apt but it's getting better. We still haven't found anyone to teach though. We had a little bit of hope for a while with one guy. A member brought his brother to church last week and I mean he liked it but it's not like he came to investigate the church he just kinda came because his brother asked him to, but he came so it was sweet. We took one of the priests over to his house and taught him the first lesson and told him that if he wants to know if this message is true he needs to read and pray about the book of Mormon. He still hasn't done it, he also said that he and his parents were going to come to church tomorrow but when the member went to pick them up, they came up with a bunch of excuses about why they can't go. So yeah. But it's ok, something will happen soon.
This area has been really hard but I'm learning a lot about who I am as a missionary and a lot of little things that I probably wouldn't have learned if we were having a lot of baptisms so I'm sure the Lord is using this time right now to prepare me for something he needs me to do pretty soon, that's the way he works a lot of times.
Ugh Toney is really difficult. His companion Elder Taylor says that he's always calling people to check up on them and tell them what they're doing wrong including us which means that he doesn't trust us. If we're not doing it the way that he wants us to do it then we're doing it wrong and apparently we're never doing it the way he wants us to do it so we're always doing it wrong. That's actually ok too because he's continuing to teach me patience and I think a little about self-confidence too. A while ago I think I would have just been like, "oh well he's my leader so he must be right" but now I recognize a lot more when I'm doing it the best way I know how and he's just being ridiculous. I'm not like rebelling against him or anything I still sustain him and will sustain goals he sets for the district and stuff like that but I have a lot more trust in myself and what I'm doing now. I don't know if that makes any sense but it makes sense in my head.

I'm so glad to hear about your job!! That's so awesome that they got you back at Draper. You'll have to let me know if it's fourth or sixth. Fourth grade I think was my favorite grade in elementary school with Mrs. Kempiak (I think that's how you spell her name) Dang I still remember that pretty well and now Lauren is in fourth grade? Everyone is going to be so old and different when I get home. Weird! And now Mark is coming home!? What about Parker Beazer is he home yet? It seems like he's been out forever! Yeah he has to be home by now. I'm getting to the age of my mission where I know quite a few people but a bunch the ones who I knew when I first got here are leaving. Oh man we had a district meeting on the same day that people were going to the mission home to fly home and I guess they meet at our church. So after district meeting we saw the people who are leaving with all their suitcases and stuff. It was a very weird feeling to see them all and talk with all of them. Like, it made me excited to go home a little tiny bit trunky but at the same time it made me very glad that I am not going home for a while. I feel like there's still so much more for me to do. But I still have like 15 months left so I have plenty of time :)Yeah we get to talk again in a few weeks I think. And yeah I can call your cell phones so that will be fine if you guys are in Arizona, then maybe I could talk to Mark! That would be sweet! But yeah that will be fun. Man for me it still feels like I just barely talked to you guys at Christmas time. It's so scary how fast time goes by out here.
Well I'm so glad things are going so well at home. Things are feeling a little better out here, still not a lot happening but I feel better and I'm optimistic things will turn around. I love you all very much! I'll talk to you soon!
Elder Johnson
Posted by Called to Serve Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum.