Sunday, May 2, 2010 at 7:48 AM |  
I'm so glad to hear that everyone is doing so good! That's so awesome that Lauren is playing soccer! In college and out here I played a lot but I'm really terrible, it's a lot of fun but I don't know what I'm doing. I wish I would have played when I was littler. Tell Lauren to keep it up! Erica's is awesome too! She's always been a really good dancer doesn't she win something like every time? She's going to High School next year? What the heck that just seems wrong I was just barely in high school. Everyone is growing so much.
It's way cool about your class too. We were just barely talking about Shakespeare this morning, I'm not sure why but hey that's cool. I can't imagine a bunch of little sixth graders putting on a Shakespeare play, you must be a really good teacher.
Things here are not getting any better. I'm getting really sick of Elder Toney. He just does really stupid things to us, he doesn't trust us with anything we do, he never says anything good about us, after we talk to him we are all depressed rather than uplifted and then he gets mad at us again when our numbers are bad. Every night we have call ins where the dl calls and asks us how the day was and makes sure we are in safe and everything. The other day he asked me, "How was your day?" I said it was really good! He asked, "How many dates did you set today?" I said, none. Then he said, "Well then it wasn't a very good day was it?" Then I told him how we met a really awesome lady who is really excited to learn and one of our old investigators had called us and asked if we could find him a ride to church which was a miracle! For me it was a really good day, I felt like I did everything I could to accomplish my purpose. He said something like well we're basing our days if they were good or not on whether or not we set dates. So because I didn't set any dates my really awesome good spiritual day was apparently a bad day.
Ugh I'm so sick of him! And it's not just me and Carty. All of the missionaries in the district except for the sisters don't like him because he loves and praises and worships the sisters and asks them for advice (which is completely inappropriate). I confronted him a little bit on Sunday since we're in the same ward and he just told me that I'm being hard hearted against him and how we need to sustain our leaders and we need to trust him because he knows exactly how to fix this district out of the slump we're all in. I don't think it's going to get any better any time soon, the APs have already come to a district meeting and gotten mad at us for not sustaining Elder Toney. They don't know what he's doing and why nobody likes him and wants to sustain him but if they got on our case again I'm going to say something. I'm really worried that I'm going to get in trouble with Toney (more than I already am), our Zone Leaders, the APs (again) and possibly President Newman, but this is ridiculous, he treats us like we can't do anything right and he's the one with all of the magic answers.
Ok I'm sorry, thanks for letting me vent a little. I don't know what to do. I guess all I can do is just pray to do what's right and have faith that the Lord will take care of it.
I'm really excited to talk to you all pretty soon. I can't believe it's already time to talk again though, time is ridiculous out here. I love you!
Elder Johnson
Posted by Called to Serve Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum.