Monday, December 28, 2009 at 8:12 AM |  
Talking to everyone was so cool, I thought it was going to be a little weird, I'm not really sure why I just did but it wasn't it was really nice. Oh good I'm so glad that you got called into the young women's! That will be a lot of fun! Michael put in his papers!? That's awesome! I'm so glad for him, a mission will be a very good thing for him, you grow up and mature a lot our here that's for sure. I can't believe Mark is already coming home, that seems so weird to me. I'm really glad that he is enjoying his mission so much. That seems to be the common theme out here, all the guys that are getting ready to go home soon all say that they don't want to haha. I remember when Endemano and Fish (the APs) picked us up from the airport that was Endemano's last transfer and he wouldn't even tell us how long he had been out. He just said, "a while." That's so sweet that he's having that much fun though, you should tell him to email me.
Mindy got baptized yesterday!! Honestly, I was still a little bit nervous about her just because one day she would be super stoked to do it and then the next day she would be really unsure. It always kinda felt like a 50/50 with her. It was for sure a miracle that her son Danny had just turned 8 because I really don't think she would have done it by herself. But she did it! And I know she knows that it was right for sure now! You should have seen her face after the meeting. She was glowing! She was so happy! Her husband Edwin baptized both of them since he has the priesthood now which was a really awesome thing to be able to see. It was so beautiful to be able to complete this family. Now they can prepare all together to go and be sealed in the temple in a year. It's so humbling to be able to see how much these people have all changed and that this change came because of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, and it's so humbling to think that the Lord has allowed me to play a part in his plan for these people. Because he sent me to these people, their lives are changed forever. Now, they can have the fullness of the gospel, they can have the Holy Ghost with them at all times, now they have a chance to live as an eternal family in the Celestial Kingdom, and I will be able to see them there and know that I played a part in it. I freakin love this work!
Remind me again about Stacey's farewell and I want to email her a quick note on the 18th before she leaves. I'm so excited for her.
I love you all so much! Happy New Year! I don't know what Bump Day is!!! Yay!Elder Johnson
Posted by Called to Serve Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum.