Monday, December 21, 2009 at 9:25 PM |  
Haha you are a dork! It's Christmas! But I am really excited to talk to you guys too it will be fun! I still don't have any idea what we're doing for Christmas. Nobody that I talk to knows either, none of us have been through a Christmas before so I don't know when or where we do phone calls or anything. I've heard that President said that if we reach our goal of 1050 we can have Christmas off like another P day but I don't know that's just what I've heard. Speaking of our goal, we got it!!!! As of yesterday our mission has 1055 baptisms this year! And me and Elder Toney have possibly three more on the 27th. Ah man it's so exciting, that's so many freakin people that have been converted to the truth. It was a crazy goal and we all have been working so hard for it and we did it! And even me, one of the new guys had a part in it, ah we're all so happy right now! Oh man mission conference was so awesome! We all came to the Orange Park chapel (which is where I am at) and President and Sister Newman. Every single missionary in this mission was there, it was so cool! I saw all the guys from my MTC district and Elder Black and guys from my old district, met a lot of new people, oh and Elder Jensen was there too. Elder Jensen was the AP before Elder Fish and Elder Endamano. He left for home literally like 3 hours before I got there so i had never met him but he is a legend here. He's one of those missionaries that was just awesome and inspired everyone to do and be better, he was a dominator! So he came back out to Florida for the mission conference and President Newman asked him to share his testimony. It was really cool because I had heard all these great stories about how amazing this guy was and I watched him and listened to him and I just thought, he's so normal. He's just like all of us, just a 21 year old kid who was out here serving the lord the best way he knew how. It was inspiring for me just because it made me realize that I have the potential to be like that, I can be amazing and I just have to be me, normal.
Yeah I am definitely using the Spanish book you sent me. It's so cool to be using the same book. And I love being able to talk to people. We'll be sitting in a lesson with someone and we'll be talking and then like 20 minutes in I just stop and realize holy crap I've been talking to someone in Spanish this whole time. I still don't catch 100% of what everyone says but I get most of it. Speaking is easier and easier every day. And I love when I walk up to someone and they say, "uh me no speak English" and I pretend to be really relieved and say, "Oh perfecto! Yo tampoco!" That always makes them laugh and more willing to talk to me. I want to get to the point where people will believe me if I tell them I'm from Cuba or something and I don't speak English, I think that will be easier here because there are people from all over the place, Mexico, Honduras, Peru, Guatemala, Chile, Cuba, Costa Rica, a lot of Puerto Ricans and even more New Yoricans. I met one lady from Argentina and I wanted to baptize her really bad but she wasn't cool. Maybe we'll go back in a little while and let the Spirit work with her a little more then she'll be cooler.
I'm sorry I don't have more information about Christmas but I will be calling for sure. I can't wait to talk to you! Merry Christmas! I love you!
Elder Johnson
Posted by Called to Serve Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum.