Monday, November 30, 2009 at 1:52 PM |  
So transfers were really crazy! I did get transferred but it's really weird where I got switched. So in my ward (Orange Park 2nd) there was me, Perez, the ZLs, Sisters, and another Spanish companionship Elder Toney and Elder Trott. Turns out that me and Elder Trott just switched places so I'm with Elder Toney now in the north area and Elder Trott is with Perez now in the south area as the new zone leaders. So I'm still in the same ward and Elder Perez and Trott are still around all the time but I have a new companion and a new area. It's way sweet. Elder Toney and I have both never been Senior companions and he's just a little bit older than me so we both have no idea what we're doing which is great because now we both get to learn instead of just having the other companion do everything while we sit back and watch. It's going to be a very good transfer and I know that both of us are going to grow a lot. We actually had two baptisms this weekend that Toney and Trott had been working with for a little while but yeah me and Toney had to teach them ourselves, resolve the concerns they had at the last minute, organize the baptism service, organize rides and talks and all kinds of crazy stuff by ourselves. Before Black and Perez just kinda did it but this time I actually had to help do stuff. It was very stressful but it was good for me, it gave me an opportunity to grow and really depend on the Lord to direct me what to say and how to act.
I did finally get the package Monday afternoon right before we got transfer calls. Thank you so much! It is just starting to get cold so my jacket came right in time. And it is so cool to be doing Spanish study from the same book that Dad used. Haha and where did you find those Marvel trading cards? Those are way cooler than Pokemon cards! Thank you so much, getting that stuff made me feel a lot better. I'm sorry that my letter last week was so bad. I was so stressed out about a lot of things and I hate to say it but I just didn't get along great with Perez so he was no help. I am excited for this transfer with Elder Toney. I think I'm going to finally start being able to figure a lot of stuff out for myself and it forces me to really rely on the Lord rather than just on my companion. Elder Toney is cool. He's from Houston Texas and he played the trombone in school and he was going to be a music major for a while but then that changed to history major I think. But in High school he played the trombone in a Ska band (ask Austin what that means) he's really cool and really caring, very different than Perez.
We spent our Thanksgiving at a recent convert family's house, the Ramirezes. These guys are way cool. There are these two twin brothers who live in the same trailer park that got baptized a few weeks ago and they love us! They are New York Ricans (Puerto Ricans from New York), so they have that hilarious New York atitude, and for Thanksgiving we had turkey, potatoes, pork, mac and cheese, and of course rice and beans. It was a lot of fun to have the twin brothers and both their whole families there. They are a really cool family. Oh and we went over there the other day and they were watching New Moon! Ah man I know it's going to be super girly but I was shocked about how bad I wanted to watch it! Oh well I guess I can wait ;) Things over here are much better, I'm really excited for this transfer in almost the same area with my new companion, I'm really excited to grow and learn for myself. I think next week we're doing emails at a members house instead of the library so I'm going to try and email some pictures home next week.
Love,
Elder Johnson
Posted by Called to Serve Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum.