Monday, January 4, 2010 at 3:52 PM |  
Happy New Year! Oh bump day like bump hump and slump. Bump day is cool I guess I need a good bump but hump and slump, that can't happen to me. I'm so scared that it will but I don't want it to. No, I didn't get to burn a tie on the 1st we were really busy but I think I'm going to try and do it tonight. I'll be sure to get a video of it. Um I don't need new shirts desperately I can wait until they get a new shipment. And short sleeve is fine I already have two long sleeves that are still good so yeah short sleeve is good.
As far as when the family goes to the temple I don't know if I can go with them. I guess it depends on where I'm at in a year. I think you have to get permission from President Newman to do stuff like that too. I don't know we'll see what happens I guess. But if we do go we go to the Orlando Temple where we went to do the baptisms for the dead. Did i tell you that happened? I sent a picture of it but I don't know if it got sent.
We are teaching a few other people. Nobody is really cooperating with us though haha. One family is pretty sweet, at least the wife is. The husband told us that he really wants to change and get baptized and all that stuff and he was really excited for our return appointment. His wife told us that all day he was like, " the missionaries are coming over today!" like a little kid but every time we have an appointment with them they aren't there. We come back like the next day and see them when we don't have an appointment with them. It's really weird, we need to be able to sit down and talk with them. Especially with the husband. He told us that he stopped drinking but his wife says otherwise. Like I guess he's really bad, like she thinks he has liver problems because he drinks all the time, passes out when he's supposed to be watching their 17 month old baby and he throws up all the time. It's a good thing that she told us because if she didn't we would have just thought that he was good. It's a really bad situation. He can change but he has to want to first and I'm not sure if he wants to.
So our new goal for the year is really weird. It's 3050 but it's broken up into two parts. 1300 baptisms and 1750 people reactivated. I'm down with the baptisms but the reactivation is weird. We've started doing some reactivation work and it is basically home teaching. We like go and teach them, kinda and it's more like a "oh hi you already got baptized, let's be friends!...so... you should come back to church." I guess I just don't understand why the missionaries are doing this. I need to change my attitude real quick because this is what the Lord told President Newman to do but as of right now, I'm not really converted to it, this seems like the ward's job, not ours. Another thing I'm struggling with is this next transfer coming up. My roommate Elder Zabriskie is getting transferred but Elder Jackson is staying. Also Elder Toney and I are staying together here. It will be good. I'm glad things are going good there. Sorry I'm running out of time but tell Natalie I said hi if you talk to her again and Nan. Have fun at school and stuff.
Love you,
Elder Johnson
Oh crap my debit card is not working. Could you have them send me a new one or something. I think the magnet strip is bad.
Posted by Called to Serve Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum.