Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 5:15 PM |  
Elder Perez is from Idaho somewhere way up north. He's been out only one transfer longer than me so we both kinda are still learning. It makes things a little more stressful that way but I think it will be good in the end. I definitely miss elder Black and the people in Crescent City. We had some way sweet investigators there that we became really close too. I would feel a little bit better if there were other missionaries there teaching them but they closed Crescent City :( It's ok though I'm sure I'll see them again some day.
Ok so yeah it's not just me Elder Black thought for sure she had a crush on him too. I don't know if she just like was trying hide it and she ended up overcompensating which made us think she liked Black but yeah that's definitely what it seemed like. What can I say? The ladies just love me! yeah I was pretty mad at Elder Brown. I even called him back and told him I thought it would be a bad idea to do the trade off but I told him that he's the DL so it's up to him and I'll respect his decision whatever it was. It was ok though, we still got to go say bye to Rosa and the Noriegas so it wasn't too bad. He's a great DL though and I love him a lot.
Church was really good, this ward here is awesome! It's like completely opposite of Crescent City! Here the ward is pretty big, the Members are really involved with missionary work, and the bishop really seems to understand the things that President Newman is doing. It's a really really great ward! And yeah, that's my address.
Oh man tell Jill I said congrats! That's so awesome! Dang so when the baby is born I will have been out for a year! That's pretty sweet! You should tell them to name it after their favorite cousin and if it will work if it's a boy Aaron or a girl Erin :)
Well, Orange Park is definitely not Crescent City. The roads here have stoplights and are made of asphalt here it's crazy! And we go tracting at apts. instead of trailer parks here haha. I like it here a lot it feels more normal to me. The thing I don't like is that in Crescent City we were the only missionaries there so we talked to English and Spanish people. Here, we are not supposed to talk to English at all. We just ask them if they know if their neighbors speak Spanish. That would be find except it's really hard to find Hispanics. We can go tracting for like four or five hours and only talk to three people. It's very frustrating at times, but when we do find people it's sweet. And now tracting for me is just meeting a bunch of interesting people because most of the time I don't get to teach them so I just watch how they react when they see the missionaries and laugh, it's pretty entertaining. We just need to find the places where there a lot of Hispanics all together and we just haven't found it yet. We will, we just need to keep looking. Well I'm glad everything at home is going well. Have fun with school and PTC and stuff.
Love you!
Elder Johnson
Posted by Called to Serve Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum.