Monday, October 19, 2009 at 7:13 PM |  
Sister Noriega told us about that! That's so funny! I'm glad you got to talk to her though, she's awesome!
Ok so Monday night the DL calls me and he's like, "Ok I want to do a trade off with you so me and Elder Black can try to get a few last minute baptisms in." I told him that I thought it would be best if me and Black went and saw these people, not Black and a stranger! Plus this was supposed to be the day when we had dinner with the Noriegas for the last time and try to get the Dad baptized. He told me we were doing the trade off anyway. So all of Tuesday I was so mad because I was up tracting into nobody cool up in Palatka while Elder Brown (the DL) was visiting all my investigators. So we switch back Wed. morning and Elder Black took me back to the Noriega's house because Hermana Noriega wanted to tell me something. She told me about how she talked to you on the phone and yes, she gave me a hug from you it was really funny. But then she told us something else important. She told us this story about a young man who fell in love with her when they were younger but the man never told her that. So he just kinda waited for her. I guess he even tried to wait out her and her husband's marriage for a while. So she says, "I don't want that to happen to my daughter so I have to tell you something. She wouldn't admit it because she knows you guys are missionaries and aren't allowed to, but she likes you Elder Johnson. She says that you think you are ugly but she doesn't think so and you are nice too Elder Black, but she likes Elder Johnson." I felt a little bad but me and Elder Black just started laughing! Hermana Noriega is very blunt and straightforward and we just thought it was hilarious! So I told her, "Well, I am a missionary so I'm not thinking about stuff like that for a very long time." trying to tell her, ya know, don't wait for me! But she's like, "Yeah but maybe when you come back with your family you can go with Venezha out to places or go on walks and just see what happens." Oh man it was really funny but really awkward! Especially when we went back later that night to say bye to the rest of the family (Hermana Noriega was the only one home). Oh it's funny.
Anyway I got transferred to Orange Park South area. It's a lot bigger than Crescent City that's for sure. My companion is Elder Perez. He's a lot different than Elder Black. He's very strict about staying focused and stuff. He won't let me talk about music or movies or anything and Elder Black was like, "Ok I missed this movie what happened in this one?" Haha so it's a little different but it's good. My new adress is
2020 Wells Rd #25G
Orange Park, Fl 32073
So, yeah you should send me stuff. I don't know what but stuff. Oh and you should send me a SD card so I can send you the one I have. I have a lot of pics on there and videos that I want to save on a computer or something. So yeah. Ok I have to go but I'll write more about my area next week. I had to tell you about theNoriegas.
Love,
Elder Johnson
Posted by Called to Serve Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum.