Wednesday, February 3, 2010 at 5:55 PM |  
We had a wedding yesterday!!! I figured I would baptize people here but I never thought that I would have people get married! But it happened. Yeah it is the same family whose son lived in Salt Lake for a while (which by the way makes me super trunky every time I talk to him about Salt Lake. He talks to me about how he used to ride Trax and go to the Gateway and all this fun stuff haha it's pretty funny) and they just showed up to church. We taught them, they know it's true and they knew that they needed to get married to stop living in sin. Oh man you should have seen them at the wedding. They were having relationship problems for a while before we met them. The bishop talked to them and we talked to them with the zone leaders and honestly I felt a little bit nervous if we were doing the right thing for this family. But during church I found an empty room and prayed to ask if it was right. I felt a confirmation from the holy ghost so we went ahead and did it. You should have seen them. The groom was so emotional, he was so happy! The bride was too, but the guy was on the verge of crying like three times. The baptism was immediately after the wedding. Their son who lived in Utah was ordained to be a priest, and then he got to baptize his mom and Elder Toney baptized the dad (who was his stepdad). It was probably one of the best baptisms I have seen so far. It was a wonderful wonderful day for us and for them.
We haven't had any more drama with the police (yet) so that's been nice. We usually have a few people who say they are going to call the police while we are tracting if we don't leave but nothing like that has happened to me yet. I haven't heard anything from the dad or grandma of Maria's kids either so that's good.
I'm glad that everyone is doing so well. Tell Erica that when a teacher tells you that you are so good that you don't need extra help and that you are the best in the class, it's a good thing. Just keep working and improving yourself the best way you know how. I've been thinking about the plan of salvation a lot. The more I think about that the more I realize how that is why we are here. I guess I just gave her some like eternal truth advice, weird. Everything that happens to us in this life is for us to learn. Our job here is to learn and improve ourselves in the best way we know how. I'm sorry this letter is kinda short but i love you all. Thanks for the news and the support.
Posted by Called to Serve Labels:

0 comments:

Visit the Site
MARVEL and SPIDER-MAN: TM & 2007 Marvel Characters, Inc. Motion Picture © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2007 Sony Pictures Digital Inc. All rights reserved. blogger template by blog forum.